The first tracks of Castle Solhof go back to 1414. In 1414 the castle became the property of Nikolaes Van de Wouwere. Van de Wouwere family kept the castle until 1555. Afterwards it was sold to Karel Micault, knight and Lord of Oosterstein
& Aartselaer. When the knight Karel Micault died, his widow Blanca de Bordeaux sold the domain to Antonio Del Rio, a Spanish nobleman who was very rich. He also bought Castle Cleydael and some other properties in the area.
Del Rio made the mistake of becoming the caregiver of the blood council of Alva which enclosed all goods stolen by the Spanish armies. Because of this Antonio fell in disgrace by the council of Brabant, which resulted in a siege on the Castle. All his
goods were confiscated and he decided to leave Belgium. It is said that of all his possessions, Solhof was the one he loved most. Antonio Del Rio died in Lissabon on February 17th 1586. After several successive owners, the family Campomenoso became the proud inhabitants of the castle in 1614 and in 1837 the Baron of Ertborn acquired Solhof. The street in front of the castle still carries his name. After the death of his daughter, Castle Solhof was sold to Barones Ludwina de Borrekens. The last owner Jean Nyssens sold the domain to the town of Aartselaar in 1984. The present owner bought the castle in 1990. In the 16th century, Castle Solhof was an impressive stronghold surrounded with a moat. The two turrets are the only remains of this castle. Today the castle is transformed into a luxury hotel and still reflects the nobility of ages past.